A Bit About MHS
Mental Health Systems has been serving the community for 20 years through intensive outpatient programming for some of the most underserved clients in our community. MHS serves clients 12 and up with chronic mental health concerns and co-occurring chemical health, pain, and physical health concerns using DBT therapy. Our work, our team, and our involvement in advocacy for clients and the mental health treatment community daily demonstrates our mission statement:
- MHS is dedicated to the health and well-being of our clients, our community, and our staff. Our work is guided by our values of acceptance, inclusivity, and curiosity.
We provide evidence-based therapy services in supportive, respectful, and safe environments. MHS promotes personal and community responsibility and growth for our clients, therapists, and staff.
- MHS holds that individual and community health, well-being, and change are based in active respect for, and the promotion of, diversity in culture, race, spirituality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, and personal potential.
- Work/life balance is a central theme to work at MHS. How can you teach clients a healthy balance and lifestyle if you are not supported in living those values by your workplace?
Benefits of Working at MHS
- Supportive work environment – MHS strongly values staff prioritizing personal life, and supports employees at work through weekly case consults, though additional informal consults are frequent and encouraged!
- Competitive salary – depends on experience and can be supplemented with additional clinical work
- Bonuses – for longevity, community presentations, referrals, and including a current $6,000 hiring bonus – $3,000 at hire, $1,000 at 3 months, and $2,000 at 6 months
- Professional development – MHS is happy to support its staff through free access to in-house continuing education (40+ credits) and a stipend for external continuing education credits
- Licensure support – MHS provides all supervision for licensure at no cost and reimburses licensure exam & renewal fees
- Industry connection – we reimburse professional association dues to encourage our staff to connect with the greater mental health professional community
- Paid time off – vacation days, paid parental leave
- In-house credentialing and billing
- 401K match, 100% vested on hire
- 75% employer funded health and dental, with flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) depending on your choice of insurance plan
- Short term disability insurance coverage
- Malpractice insurance
- Employee assistance program
- New grads welcome to apply
- Anticipated completion of Masters within 3 months
- An understanding of how inequality, prejudice, and marginalization affect those from underrepresented populations, including those who identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community
- DBT experience not required
Our services and your work include:
- Intensive outpatient group programming for adolescents and adults
- Individual therapy
- Diagnostic assessments
- Opportunities for mentoring and supervision
- Intensive training in DBT and other evidence-based practices
- Clinical credit hours for care coordination, case consultation, and supervision provided
- Some evening hours required
We are a primary training site for LP, LPC, LPCC, LGSW, LICSW licensure and you do not need DBT experience to join our team. We are looking for the right people to teach what we do and how we do it. We are hiring for multiple locations across the MSP metro and can work with you to find the best location for you.
If you are looking for a place to grow personally and professionally, then we will welcome you to our team.
MHS is an equal opportunity employer and people with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply today by sending your CV / resumé and cover letter to employment@MHS-DBT.com.