- Mental Health
- Chemical Health
- Student Training
Mall of America
Parkview Meeting + Event Center
60 East Broadway
Bloomington, MN 55425
To view printable parking and walking directions click HERE.
6.0 CEHs approved by the MN Board of Social Work (CEP-452)
6.0 CEHs approved by the MN Board of Psychology (201701.117)
6.0 CEHs approved by the MN Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy- LPC/LPCC (2017.CE.012)
6.0 CEHs approved by the MN Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy- LADC (2017.CE.ADC.009)
6.0 CEHs approved by the MN Board of Marriage and Family Therapy (2017-021)
With the recognition that supervision is a distinct professional practice has come the specific guidelines and practice standards. This course is designed to provide participants a framework of competency-based supervision, including the most current perspectives and developments through vignettes and interactive problem-solving exercises. Content includes a review of targeted areas of supervisory skill to focus on enhanced efficacy, technique, and practice. Lecture, discussion, videos and experiential exercises are included.
8AM- Check-in and breakfast
8:30AM- Program begins
-Regulations for the various disciplines
-Definitions and functions of supervision
-Competency and Metacompetency in Supervision, including translation
-Guidelines for clinical supervision for health service psychologists
-Social Work Supervision Best Practices
-Supervisor competencies and self-assessment
-Consultation, psychotherapy, and mentoring versus supervision
-The supervisory relationship and the working alliance
-Resolution of conflict and disclosure issues in supervision
11:45AM- 12:45PM- LUNCH BREAK (on your own)
12:45PM- Program resumes
-Legal and Ethical considerations
-Outcome assessment and evaluation of the supervisory process
-Evaluation and Dealing with the supervisee with Problematic Behavior
4PM- Program ends
1. Describe the use of one supervision guideline to anchor supervision practice.
2. Identify three aspects of supervisor multicultural competence.
3. Detail one technique to identify and repair strains and ruptures to the supervisory alliance.
4. Identify one guiding principle to proactively address value conflicts in supervision.
5. Identify one ethical dilemma in supervision relating to social media and steps to problem solve with supervisee.
6. Understand one legal issue in identification and remediation of behavior of a supervisee who does not meet performance criteria.
Whether you’re facing a major life crisis or struggling with day-to-day stressors and challenges, good self-regulation skills can make…
In Part One of our discussion regarding the value of mindfulness for teens, we discussed exactly what mindfulness is, how it can benefit tee…