- Mental Health
- Chemical Health
- Student Training
August 29, 2019
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
August 30, 2019
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
MHS Education Center
6600 France Ave S
Edina, MN 55435
Click here for a tour of our building.
12.0 CEs Approved by the Following:
MN Board of Social Work Log Number: CEP-452
MN Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy (LPC/LPCC) Log Number: 2019.CE.103
MN Board of Psychology Log Number: 201903.531
Order online or by phone: (920) 494-3401 or (800) 895-0071
Registration will close after the first 45 seats fill.
You will learn effective clinical techniques from mindfulness expert Terry Fralich, LCPC who has trained over 20,000 mental health professionals nationally and internationally. He will teach you how to master the art of applying mindfulness insights, skills, and techniques to a variety of clinical populations. Join him for this transformative experience as he reveals the latest advances in mindfulness and neuroscience to get the skills you need to succeed! Through experiential exercises, interactive discussions, case studies, and reproducible handouts, you will take away practical mindfulness strategies to use immediately. The bonus of this training is that you will have the clarity and the confidence to be a more effective mindfulness practitioner in both your personal and your professional lives. Leave this course armed with tools you can use in your very next session.
Terry Fralich, LCPC, is a former Adjunct Faculty Member of the University of Southern Maine Graduate School and a co-founder of the Mindfulness Retreat Center of Maine. He has led more than 450 seminars, trainings and retreats nationwide, in Canada, Australia, at Omega Institute, and the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health on many topics, including mindfulness, neuroscience, brain change, emotional intelligence, stress reduction, meditation and the treatment of a wide variety of disorders. He has been teaching transformative mindfulness skills and practices for 20 years and has pursued his own practice of mindfulness and meditation for 40 years.
Terry studied extensively with His Holiness the Dalai Lama for twenty-five years and with some of the American pioneers of mindfulness, including Jon Kabat-Zinn and John Welwood. His first book, Cultivating Lasting Happiness: A 7-Step Guide to Mindfulness, was cited as one of “the 12 essential books on mindfulness.” His second book, The Five Core Skills of Mindfulness: A Direct Path to More Confidence, Joy and Love, presents his clear and unique approach to mindfulness practice as a powerful force for healthy change in our everyday lives.
Prior to become a therapist, academic and author, Terry was an attorney who practiced law in New York City, Los Angeles and Portland, Maine.
8AM- Registration opens
8:30AM- Program begins
15 minute mid-morning break
12PM- Lunch (on your own)
1PM- Program resumes
15 minute mid-afternoon break
4PM- Program ends
1. Understand how early attachment experiences impact on the child’s emerging brain.
2. Identify clients’ mental models and core negative beliefs.
3. Explain the paradigm shift in neuroplasticity.
4. Understand the Mindfulness Path for Growth.
5. Learn and apply the Five Core Skills of mindfulness.
6. Describe the essential nature of mindfulness practice in treating and transforming anxiety, depression, anger, and unhealthy patterns.
7. Teach brain-changing mindfulness skills and practices to clients.
8. Apply ways for clients to practice mindfulness outside the session.
9. Demonstrate fundamental meditation techniques.
10. Select and practice experiential exercises to use with clients.
11. Cultivate ways to counsel “in the flow” and avoid burn-out.
12. Integrate mindfulness more fully into your personal and professional lives.